The NAV People are the leading Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central reseller in the UK. We’re slightly quirkier than the average software reseller and have a very passionate, innovative and customer-centric company culture. In a nutshell we sell Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365, a bundle of enhancements, and third party solutions with a side of exceptional product support and training.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the Internal IT team members (First Line Support Engineer & Third Line/Infrastructure Engineer) and day-to-day operations to maintain and improve the internal systems and infrastructure in Burghclere, Derby, Manchester, Portugal and all cloud services on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365.
The Role Overview:
Your primary responsibility will be managing and supporting the IT team, dealing with escalations and involvement/prioritising the workload accordingly. You will be the primary contact for all queries from wider business relating to strategy decisions and any queries outside of BAU.
The role heavily relies on a broad understanding and experience of people management, infrastructure (on-prem and cloud), third party systems in use (primarily Dynamics NAV), IT security and compliance (GDPR).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Internal IT Team (2 members) who are responsible for supporting the 150+ internal users and the Managed Services team (4 members) who are responsible for hosting services provided to our customers.
- Plan, organise, manage and execute the IT roadmap based on evolving requirements or requests from the business and board of directors.
- Review and approval of all IT expenditure from consumables to project related costs such as firewalls. Ensuring best value for money and ensuring the costs are aligned with business growth.
- Vendor management and ownership of service billing; monitoring for payment issues, maintaining recurring invoices with finance and periodic reviews to reduce spend where possible.
- Monitoring and auditing internal compliance requirements such as completion of access request forms and ensuring appropriate triggers are setup full audits are available on request.
- Complete DR/BC planning for core services, ensuring all changes are either resilient or risks are considered and communicated.
- Continual review of internal security ensuring existing systems are not exposed to risk and new systems meet our security expectations;
- Performing controlled tests on the business security to ensure no known vulnerabilities are present and planning/resolving accordingly;
- Acting as Data Protection Officer for compliance requests from customers and internal concerns, such as any potential PII breaches where we are either data controller or processor.
- Final point of contact for any technical and product related issues such as SharePoint, Teams, Stream, sharing & permissions, DNS, mail security (SPF, DKIM) and third-party systems such as Callagenix, JIRA, Zendesk.
- Ownership of all business systems and implementing new systems required by the business. Improvements to user onboarding (i.e. adapting the processes to accommodate new systems), licensing, billing and support.
- Management of the Internal Dynamics NAV environment, ranging from user support queries to development and solution architecture for all required changes.
What it's like at The NAV People:
Working at The NAV People is very different to life in most companies; we pride ourselves in looking after our staff as much as we do our customers and just a few of the perks include free lunches on Fridays, table football in the staff room and a genuinely friendly and relaxed office working environment – come along for an interview and you’ll see what we mean!
If you like what you read here and think you fit what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you!
Please express your interest by emailing a copy of your CV to email@example.com